Marítimo Arena Sports Complex – Barreiros Stadium
Building – Construction and Renovation
Barreiros, Funchal, Autonomous Region of Madeira
Inaugurated on 2nd December 2nd 2016, and elected the 22nd best stadium of the year, Marítimo’s new stadium is a UEFA category 1 stadium.
With a seating capacity of approximately 11 000, the stadium has 42 cabins distributed across two floors, and an external 5-level car park.
During its construction, an 11.0 m tall temporary containment wall was erected so that Marítimo Football Club could continue playing matches on its field.
• Construction Area 42 650.00 m2
• Excavations – 145 000 m3
• Technical Landfills – 11 000 m3
• Concrete – 38 000 m3
• 7 000 ton. of A500 NR steel
• Metal roof structure spanning 10 200 m2
o 109 piles with a diameter of 800mm and an average height of 14 m.
o 45 micro-piles with h=14 m.
o 125 m long peripheral containment wall for excavation at the north grandstand with an average height of 11 m
o Base with inclines (4-gabled roof type)
o Drainage layers
o 7 800.00 m2 of turf
• Precast concrete produced entirely by Tecnovia Madeira
o All grandstands were precast
• 7 000.00 m of grandstands
• Remaining pieces (vomitoria, steps, guardrails).